About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Books >> C++ >> Past Editions >> C++ How to Program, 3/e >> Errata: C++ How to Program, 3/e
|Errata: C How to Program, 3/e|
We wish to thank our many readers who took the time to email us with errata. If you find errata not listed on this page, please email us at email@example.com. Remember to include the book title and edition.
Note: You can determine which printing you have by looking at the bottom of the back of the second physical page in the book (page iv, but it has no page number). Just above the ISBN number is a list of numbers. For the first printing of the book, the list appears as follows:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
The last number in the list is the printing number. So the above list indicates printing 1 and the following list indicates printing 2:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2
- p. 92, Fig. 2.18: In the for structure header, the word "var" should be "int."
- p. 98, Fig. 2.21, Line 30: Keywords for and int should be colored blue.
- p. 108, Fig. 2.27, Line 1: The comment should indicate the file name as fig02_27.cpp.
- p. 112, Fig. 2.31: The unary ! operator is missing from the 3rd line of the operator precedence chart.
- p. 261, Fig. 4.15, Line 13: The characters "ssss" accidentally got inserted during final production. They are not part of the program and will generate a syntax error if the program is compiled with them. The program IS CORRECT on the CD-ROM that accompanies the book.
- p. 259. The function prototype
void modifyArray( int anyArrayName, int anyVariableName )
just above Good Programming Practice 4.3 should end with a semicolon.
- p. 338, last line: The function name bubbleSort should be bubble.
- p. 393, just above Fig. 6.1: The \ is a typo. It should be removed.
- p. 415, top of page: The \ is a typo. It should be removed.
- p. 416, Fig. 6.8, time2.cpp, part 2 of 2: The line numbers on this page should start with 46 and the remaining lines of the program should all be adjusted accordingly.
- p. 423, Fig. 6.10 figure caption: The file name should be time3.h.
- There are two sections numbered 7.10. The second one should be 7.11.
- p. 666, Fig. 11.7, line 13: The ' character after the closing } curly brace should be deleted. The source code file for the program is correct.
- p. 669, Fig. 11.9, part 2 of 2: The line numbers in this part of the program should start from 14 (not 1).
- p. 682, Fig. 11.21, line 13: No functions of the <cmath> library are used in this program, so this line can be removed. Also, the figure caption of this example should indicate double values not float values (floating-point literals are of type double in C++).
- p. 692, Fig. 11.29: After the bad input operation, the result of cin.fail() is 1 not 0 and the result of cin.good() is 0 not 1 as shown in the output window in the book.
- p. 773, 18th line of text from top of page: sizeo/f should be sizeof.
- p. 775, Fig. 14.12, figure caption: The figure caption should state "Writing data randomly to a random-access file."
- p. 779, Fig. 14.14, lines 51 and 52: The keywords reinterpret_cast, char and sizeof should appear in blue.
- p. 800, Fig. 15.3--list.h: There is an extra period at the end of the figure caption in each of the 4 parts to this figure.
- p. 802, Fig. 15.3, lines 116 and 136 should say
return false;the code is correct on disk.
- p. 802, Fig. 15.3, lines 127 and 154 should say
return true;the code is correct on disk.
- p. 872, Fig. 16.18, lines 31, 33, 35 and 37: The keywords static_cast and char should be colored blue.
- p. 886, Fig. 16.36, line 16: The keywords static_cast and char should be colored blue.
- p. 888, Fig. 16.38, line 16: The keywords static_cast and char should be colored blue.
- p. 888, Fig. 16.39, line 16: The keywords static_cast and char should be colored blue.
- p. 929, Fig. 18.7, lines 14 and 18: The keyword goto should be colored blue.
- p. 1053, Fig. 20.42, line 16: The two int keywords in the parameter list should be colored blue.
- p. 1054, Fig. 20.42, line 47: The keyword int should be colored blue.
- p. 1069, Fig. 21.1, line 28: The word boolean should not be in blue. It is not a keyword; rather it is the name of a variable of data type bool.
- p. 1081, Fig. 21.7, line 63: The program works as is; however, the pointer name should be cylinderPtr not shapePtr.
Login or Register to download this book's code examples and other premium content.
|Update :: March 30, 2017