About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Books >> Internet/Web/Scripting >> Past Editions >> Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e >> Errata: Internet & World Wide Web HtP, 1/e
|Errata: Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e|
We wish to thank our many readers who took the time to email us with errata. If you find errata not listed on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include the book title and edition.
Note: The following corrections appear in the second printing of Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e . You can determine which printing you have by looking at the bottom of the back of the second physical page in the book (page iv, but it has no page number). Just above the ISBN number is a list of numbers. For the first printing of the book, the list appears as follows:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
The last number in the list is the printing number. So the above list indicates printing 1 and the following list indicates printing 2:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2
- p. 62: Typo. Remove the letter "c" at end of figure caption.
- p. 80: Line 10 of program. Replace "background.gif" with "bckgrnd.gif".
- p. 81: Replace Replace "background.gif" with "bckgrnd.gif" (once 2 lines below Fig. 3.6 and once at end of fist paragraph.
- p. 81: Four lines from bottom of page, Replace "Paul and Harvey Deitel" with "Harvey and Paul Deitel".
- p. 85: Line 28 of program. feature should be features.
- p. 85: Line 30 of program. Remove the </P> at the end of the line.
- p. 88: Last line of first paragraph. Replace appendix "C" with appendix "A."
- p. 94: In the answer to Self-Review Exercise 3.1b, change "The use of the U and B" to "The use of the I and B."
- p. 103: Line 12 of program. Replace <H2>Table Example Page</H2> with <CENTER><H2>Table Example Page</H2></CENTER>.
- p. 125: SEO 4.1. Replace "sit" with "site"
- p. 126: Line numbers in program should start from 11, not 1.
- p. 137: The last two lines of code in Exercise 4.5 should say </FRAMESET> rather than <FRAMESET>.
- p. 169: The π symbol 8 lines into Section 6.5 should be the fraction ¼.
- p. 169: The Integral symbol after the < on the second line of he page should be the fraction ½.
- p. 170: The reference to Fig. 5.11 on the fourth line of the page should be Fig. 6.14.
- p. 193: SEO 7.1 should be a Good Programming Practice.
- p. 297: Fig. 10.4. The initial value of counter should be 1 not 7.
- p. 331: Exercise 10.15. In part d, & should be &&.
- p. 332: Exercise 10.15. In part f, | should be ||.
- p. 391: Remove the words "to zeros" from the figure caption at the bottom of the page.
- p. 412: Line numbers in the program should start from 20 at the top of the page.
- p. 489. Line 13 of the program. Remove the space between A: and hover (otherwise the hover feature will not work).
- p. 491: In the discussion of Line 13 of Fig. 14.3, also remove the space between A: and hover.
- p. 491: Middle of the page. "Lines 16 and 17" should be "Lines 17 and 18"
- p. 493: The title bar of the screen capture should say "Importing style sheets"
- p. 498: The title bar of the screen capture should say "Background Images"
- p. 499: Second line on page. x-repeat and y-repeat should be repeat-x and repeat-y.
- p. 507: The figure reference for Fig. 14.4 should be 14.14.
- p. 511: In the second bullet, x-repeat and y-repeat should be repeat-x and repeat-y.
- p. 513: In the terminology, x-repeat and y-repeat should be repeat-x and repeat-y.
- p. 517: On the line before the program, innerHTML should be innerText.
- p. 526: On lines 32 and 34, 1 should be 0.
- p. 527: Line numbers should start from 49.
- p. 528: Line 12 should include NAME = "upper" before the >.
- p. 528: Line 13 should include NAME = "lower" before the >.
- p. 539: Line 12. "ONCLICK" should be "onclick".
- p. 542: NOTE: Figure 16.3 will not work correctly unless "Script debugging" is turned off in Internet Explorer. This can be done from the Tools menu in the Internet Options dialog by clicking the Advanced tab and selecting Disable script debugging under the Browsing section.
- p. 550 and 552. In both programs, lines 11 through 23 cause spacing problems in the strings that are displayed in the TEXTAREA component. Change the format of those lines to remove the \ characters and use string concatenation for long strings as follows:
var helpArray =
[ "Enter your name in this input box.",
Enter your email address in this input box, " +
in the format user@domain.",
"Check this box if you liked our site.",
"In this box, enter any comments you would " +
"like us to read.",
"This button submits the form to the " +
"This button clears the form",
"This TEXTAREA provides context-sensitive " +
"help. Click on any input field or use the TAB " +
"key to get more information about the input field." ];
- p. 573. Line 21 of program. Remove ALIGN = "center" (it does not do anything in this example).
- p. 575. Top of page. Same change as p. 573.
- p. 576. Lines 61 and 62 of program. Attributes SIZE and MAXLENGTH should each have a value of 6 (not 3).
- p. 579. Line 99 of program. Add a ; at the end of the line.
- p. 585. Third line on page. "light filter" should be "light filter"
- p. 585. 13 lines from the bottom of the page. xCoord and yCoord should be xCoordinate and yCoordinate.
- p. 592. Two lines above figure. "25" should be "24."
- p. 593. Line 75 of program. z-index should be 2 (not 1).
- p. 605. Line 22. Insert var before recordSet.
- p. 607. In the middle of the page (the discussion of the recordSet property). Change "in our case, it is the current row of data from the data source" to "in our case, it is the data from our HTMLStandardColors.txt data source".
- p. 614. Last line before Section 18.6. Change "recordset" to "record"
- p. 634. Line 37 of progam. Replace "window.setInterval( 'run()', 100 )" with "start()"
- p. 636. Line 10 of Fig. 19.6. Change ONCLICK to onclick.
- p. 638. 8th line of text on the page. Change ONCLICK to onclick.
- p. 638. 2nd to last sentence before Section 19.6. Replace the sentence with "This event sets property SourceURL to newoval.txt (Fig 19.5)—the new drawing instructions."
- p. 638. Lines 27 through 30 of the program are not used in the program. We did not remove them because it would affect the line numbers in the text discussion.
- p. 639. Line 35 of program. Replace window.setInterval( 'run()', 100 ) with start().
- p. 644. Exercises. Several of the exercises (19.4, 19.7, 19.8, 19.10) specify "use scripting" or "write a script" to solve the exercise. However, we did not demonstrate how to script the Structured Graphics ActiveX Control. Therefore these cannot be solved as stated. These have been reworded as follows:
19.4: Use the Structured Graphics Control to create several ovals in different sizes, shapes, locations, colors and fill styles.
19.7: Draw a series of eight concentric circles, each separation being 10 pixels.
19.8: Draw four triangles of different sizes. Each triangle should be filled with a different color (or fill style).
19.10: Use the Structured Graphics Control to draw a cube.
- p. 647. Line 13. headertext should be headerText.
- p. 673. Line 51 of the program. Remove HIDDEN = false.
- p. 707. Exercise 21.10. Should say "Modify Exercise 21.9"
- Page 727. Fig. 22.17. Remove </SCRIPT>.
- Page 736. Fig. 22.20. Remove </SCRIPT>.
- Page 745. Fig. 22.24. Remove </SCRIPT>.
- Page 756. Exercise 22.12. Infinity symbol should be a multiplication symbol.
- Page 886. Line 13 of the program. Second <STRONG> should be </STRONG>.
- Page 890. Line 12 of the program. Second <STRONG> should be </STRONG>.
- Page 896. Line 46 and 47. Combine into the following (and leave line 47 blank so the line numbers still match the text discussion:
<FONT SIZE = 2 FACE = "arial" COLOR = "blue">
- Page 899. Replace:
Set fso = Server.CreateObject( "Scripiting.FileSystemObject" )
Set fso = CreateObject( "Scripiting.FileSystemObject" )
- Page 915. Remove lines 136, 137 and 155 (but leave the lines blank so the line numbers in the text description match the program.
- Page 943. Section 27.3 item 1. Replace second occurrence of Run with OK.
- Page 944. item 4. Add text "Click OK." between "…installed." and "Exit …"
- Page 944. item 4. Add text at end of item: "Reboot if necessary."
- Page 947. Fig. 27.16. Program line numbers should start from 16 not 1.
- Page 948. Fig. 27.17. Program line numbers should contine from 21 not 1.
- Page 954. Fig. 27.21. Line 18. Replace last 3 with a 4.
- Page 957. Fig. 27.22. Line 15. Replace Time with Date.
- Page 958. Last line of page. Replace "Time shows a different date from" with "Date shows the same date as"
- Page 971. Fig. 27.31. Line 40 is redundant and should be removed (but leave the line blank so the line numbers in the text description match the program).
- Page 976. Line 9. Replace "folowing" with "following".
- Page 977. Fig. 27.36. Line 10. <STRONG> should be </STRONG>
- Page 1003. Fig. 28.12. Line 67. Replace lastName with LastName.
- Page 1003. Fig. 28.12. Line 69. Replace firstName with FirstName.
- Page 1004. Fig. 28.12. Line 99. Replace 2 with 3.
- Page 1018. Fig. 28.16. Line 137. Remove extra space at the end of string containing imagee8.
- Page 1030. Fig. 28.17. Line 27. Replace back with black.
Login or Register to download this book's code examples and other premium content.
|Update :: March 30, 2017