About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java 9 Changes
Installing JDK 9 Developer Preview
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java 9 for Programmers
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Books >> Visual Basic >> Past Editions >> Visual Basic. NET How to Program, 2/e >> Errata: Visual Basic .NET How to Program, 2/e
|Errata: Visual Basic .NET How to Program, 2/e|
We wish to thank our many readers who took the time to email us with errata. If you find errata not listed on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include the book title and edition.
Note: You can determine which printing you have by looking at the bottom of the back of the second physical page in the book (page iv, but it has no page number). Just above the ISBN number is a list of numbers. For the first printing of the book, the list appears as follows:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
The last number in the list is the printing number. So the above list indicates printing 1 and the following list indicates printing 2:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2
- Pg. 64 Middle of page, "Keyword Sub (line 7) begins..." Line 6 should be referenced instead of line 7.
- p. 73, towards bottom of page:
secondNumber = Console.ReadLine()
number2 = secondNumber
- p.169 Fig. 5.22 caption, "and associativity" should be removed.
- p.191 Fig. 6.4, line 40, line should end with a line continuation character ("_").
- p.191 Fig. 6.4, line 41, line should contain "As Double".
- p. 207, approximately mid-page, the expression "x <= x + randomObject.Next(y) < y" should be "x <= x + randomObject.Next(y) < x + y"
- pg. 209-210, Fig. 6.15, On lines 21 and 38, randomNumber should be randomObject. The code on the book’s CD is correct.
- page 220, Line 22 of Fig. 6.19 is not necessary to run the program.
- p.250 Fig. 7.2, line 15, "&=" should be "=".
- p.252 Fig. 7.3, line 27, "&=" should be "=".
- p.254 Fig. 7.5, line 26, "&=" should be "=".
- p.256 Fig. 7.6, line 16, "&=" should be "=".
- p.280 Fig. 7.15, "Column index (or" should be "Column index (or subscript)".
- p.366 line 12, "CPoint" should be "CPoint2".
- p.370 line 42, "CCircle" should be "CCircle4".
- p. 381, sentence number 2 it says "CCircle5 constructor" two times. The second constructor called should be "CPoint3 constructor".
- p.502 Fig. 12.25, "TextBox" should be "RadioButton" in the second line of the description.
- p.571 First paragraph, third sentence and last sentence, "LayoutMdi enumeration" should be "MdiLayout enumeration".
- p.614, output, first line, "Occupied C" should be "Occupied Count".
- p.617, first paragraph, second line, added one space before "performs".
- p.650, Second paragraph, third sentence from bottom, "string1" should be "string2".
- p. 658, 2nd paragraph, line 4: “The sum of the starting subscript and the number of characters to be deleted must always be less than the length of the StringBuilder.” should be “The sum of the starting subscript and the number of characters to be deleted must always be less than or equal to the length of the StringBuilder.”
- p.659, Fig. 15.14, line 49, ".333" should be "33.3".
- p. 665, line 86 of Fig. 15.18: deck.GetUpperBound( 0 ) should be deck.Length. Original code only deals 51 cards, corrected code deals 52. New code: Fig15_17-18_corrected.zip
- p.670, Fig. 15.21, caption, "used regular" should be "used in regular".
- p.685, "SolidBrush" and "TextureBrush" should not be directly beneath "System.Drawing".
- p.708, second paragraph, third line, "++" should be "99".
- page 708 2nd line of 1st paragraph, "Lines 25-25" should be "Lines 25-26"
- p.724, line 184, "pain" should be "paint".
- p.725, second line in paragraph, "Panel" should be "PictureBox".
- p.727, third line in first paragraph, "Panel" should be "PictureBox".
- p.727, fourth line in third paragraph, "Panel" should be "PictureBox".
- p.728, third line from the bottom of the first paragraph, "Panel" should be "PictureBox".
- page 754 End of 4th paragraph, "fieldsand" should be "fields and"
- page 835 3rd line of final paragraph on page, "elemnent" should be "element"
- p.844, Line 72, line should not contain a "/" character after ">".
- p.878, Line 5, "i"-like character preceding "biztalkmarkup.xml" should be deleted.
- p.890, Section 19.3, first paragraph, the sentences "We provide a script..." and "Section 19.6 ..." should be deleted.
- p.893, Fig. 19.10, "copyright" and "publisherID" column heads should be reversed. This affects pages 894 and 895 as well.
- p.895, Last paragraph, first line, a space is needed between "the" and "relationship".
- p.913, Section 19.6 title, "DBMS" should be "Database".
- p.934, Fig. 19.31 caption, "DataSet in XMLWriter" should be "WriteXML".
- p.936, In fifth bullet, "table2" should be "INNER JOIN table2" and "WHERE"should be "ON".
- pages 947-948 The line numbers from the paragraph that begins "For this first ASPX file..." until Portability Tip 20.1 are all one value lower than they should be (i.e., if there is a reference to line 10, it should be to line 11).
- page 965, 2nd paragraph, "line 33" should be "line 34"
- p.991, Fig. 20.30, Line 1, "OptionsPe2.aspx.vb" should be "OptionsPage.aspx.vb".
- Page 1008, Lines 47-49 of Fig. 20.39, Comment should read: "if page does not load due to postback, page is loading for first time, and should process information"
- p.1011, First paragraph, second to last sentence, "Authors" should be "Users" and "Books" should be "Login".
- p.1011, First paragraph, last sentence, "author" should be "user".
- p.1011, Second paragraph, "authors'" should be "users'".
- p.1014, Fig. 20.41, Line 1, ".cs" should be ".vb".
- Examples for Section 20.8 of this book are in folder Fig20_37.
- p.1060, Line 145 should be moved to Line 138.
- p.1098, The line "TcpListener server = New TcpListener( port )" should be "Dim server As TcpListener = New TcpListener( port )".
- p.1099, The line "Socket connection = server.AcceptSocket()" should be "Dim connection As Socket = server.AcceptSocket()".
- p.1100, The line "TcpClient client = New TcpClient()" should be"Dim client As TcpClient = New TcpClient()".
- IF YOU ARE USING VB .NET 2003 the examples need to be modified slightly. New examples can be downloaded from Ch22.zip
Login or Register to download this book's code examples and other premium content.
|Update :: June 22, 2018