About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
Intro to Python for CS and DS
Python for Programmers
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java 9 Changes
Installing JDK 9 Developer Preview
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java 9 for Programmers
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Paul >> Resource Centers >> Programming >> Microsoft LINQ
||Microsoft LINQ Resource Center
Welcome to the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center. LINQ (Language-Integrated Query) is a general purpose querying capability that is built into the Visual Studio 2008 versions of Visual Basic and C#, and supported by enhancements to the .NET Framework. LINQ enables programmers to work with both in-memory data (such as collections) and external data (such as databases) using a uniform syntax. LINQ also benefits from compile-time type checking, static typing and Intellisense to enable programmers to write robust data-driven applications. Start your search here for the latest LINQ articles, tools, tutorials, videos, forums, blogs and more. In the Microsoft LINQ Resource Center, you'll find links to:
- The sample chapter, “Introducing LINQ,” from LINQ in Action, by Fabrice Marquerie, Steve Eichert, and Jim Wooley.
- "Introducing the Entity Framework and LINQ," by Roger Jennings.
- The tutorial, "Learn The Basics Of LINQ," by Timothy Khouri.
- The book, Introducing Microsoft LINQ, by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo.
- The LINQ Project page from MSDN where you’ll find an overview of the LINQ Project and more.
- 101 LINQ samples from MSDN.
- LINQ download information from Microsoft.
- The video, "Visual Studio: The .NET Language Integrate Query (LINQ) Framework Overview," with Anders Hejlsberg (chief architect of the C# language) from MSDN's ShOwtime!
- "The Evolution of LINQ and Its Impact On the Design of C#," by Anson Horton.
- The MSDN Webcast, “The .NET Language Integrated Query (LINQ) Framework,” presented by Luca Bolognese, lead program manager for the Microsoft C# team and LINQ Project.
- The tutorial, "Visual Basic LINQ Hands on Labs for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2," from Microsoft.
- The webcast, “Live from Redmond: Visual Basic 9—Deep Dive into LINQ,” presented by Amanda Silver (program manager on the Microsoft Visual Basic team).
- The MSDN Webcast, “Framework Masterclass: LINQ to XML,” presented by Mike Benkovich (a MSDN Developer Evangelist).
- The article, “.NET Language-Integrated Query for XML,” by Michael Champion.
- The article, “LINQ to SQL: .NET Language-Integrated Query for Relational Data,” by Dinesh Kulkarni, Luca Bolognese, Matt Warren, Anders Hejlsberg, and Kit George.
- The tutorial, “Create Many-to-Many Relationships in LINQ for SQL,” by Galin Iliev.
- A series of LINQ videos from the Microsoft MIX07 Conference.
- The Blinq Prototype tool.
- Microsoft LINQ blogs, tutorials, webcasts and videos, books, FAQs and forums.
- ...And more