About Deitel & Associates, Inc.
Opportunities for Contract Trainers
Deitel Gear at CafePress.com
Course Catalog and Pricing
C Programming Curriculum Overview
CPlusPlus Programming Curriculum Overview
Java Programming Curriculum Overview
Internet & Web Programming Curriculum Overview
iOS 6 App Development
Visual Basic Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C# Programming Curriculum Overview
Visual C++ Programming Curriculum Overview
Self-Paced Training (DVD/Online)
LiveLessons Video-Based Training
Swift for Programmers
Swift and iOS 8 Academic Bundle
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Android How to Program, 3/e
Android for Programmers, 2/e
Android How to Program, 2/e
Android for Programmers
Android How to Program
C How to Program, 8/e
C How to Program, 7/e
C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
C How to Program, 6/e
C How to Program, 5/e
C How to Program, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 10/e
C++ How to Program, 9/e
C++11 for Programmers, 2/e
C++ for Programmers
C++ How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
C++ How to Program, 7/e
C++ How to Program, Late Objects Version, 7/e
C++ How to Program, 6/e
Visual C++ 2008 How to Program, Second Edition
Small C++ How to Program, 5/e
Simply C++, 1/e
C++ How to Program, 5/e
C++ How to Program, 4/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 4/e
C++ In the Lab, 4/e
C++ How to Program, 3/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 3/e
C++ In the Lab, 3/e
C++ How to Program, 2/e
The Complete C++ Training Course, 2/e
Visual C++ .NET A Managed Code Approach, 1/e
Getting Started with Visual C++ 6, 1/e
Visual C++ .NET How to Program, 1/e
Visual C# How to Program, 6/e
C# 6 for Programmers, Sixth Edition
Visual C# 2012 How to Program
C# 2012 for Programmers
Visual C# 2010 How to Program
C# 2010 for Programmers, 4/e
Visual C# 2008 How to Program, 3/e
C# 2008 for Programmers, 3/e
Visual C# 2005 How to Program, 2/e
C# For Programmers, 2/e
Simply C#, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 5/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Ajax, RIAs and Web Development for Programmers
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 3/e
Perl How to Program, 1/e
Python How to Program, 1/e
Web Services A Technical Introduction, 1/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 2/e
Internet & World Wide Web How to Program, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business Training, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce Training Course, 1/e
Wireless Internet & Mobile Business How to Program
e-Business & e-Commerce How to Program, 1/e
e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers, 1/e
iOS 8 for Programmers
Dive Into iOS 6: An App-Driven Approach
iPhone for Programmers: An-App Driven Approach
Java How to Program, 11/e
Java 9 for Programmers
Java How to Program, Late Objects Version, 11/e
Java How to Program, 10/e (Early Objects)
REVEL for Deitel Java
Java How to Program, 10/e, Late Objects Version
Java SE 8 for Programmers, 3/e
Java How to Program, 9/e, Early Objects Version
Java for Programmers, 2/e
Java How to Program, 8/e, Early Objects Version
Java How to Program, 8/e, Late Objects Version
Java for Programmers
Java How to Program, 7/e
Java How to Program, 6/e
Simply Java Programming, 1/e
Small Java How to Program, 6/e
Operating Systems, 3/e
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program
Visual Basic 2012 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2010
Visual Basic 2008 How to Program
Simply Visual Basic 2008, 3/e
CourseSmart Online Books for College Courses
Web 2 eBook
Dive Into Web 2.0 eBook Overview
Objectives and Outline
What Is Web 2.0
Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
Web Services, Mashups, Widgets, Gadgets
XML, RSS, Atom, JSON and VoIP
Web 2.0 Monetization Models
Web 2.0 Business Models
Future of the Web
Where to Go for More Web 2.0 Information
Web 2.0 Bibliography
Web 2.0 Glossary
About Internet & World Wide Web How to Program
How to Program vs. for Programmers Books
Subscribe to the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
Free tutorials and articles
| Resource Centers >> Software >> Search Engines
|Search Engines Resource Center|
The Search Engines Resource Center is your guide to searching on the web. You’ll learn about the features of the most popular search engines including Google, Yahoo! and MSN. You’ll learn about some of the vertical search engines that enable you to search for resources within a specific area such as travel, shopping, news and more. You’ll also learn how to create your own vertical search engine to search only the sites you choose. Our technical audience will also find great resources to search for programming source code. In our Search Engines Resource Center you’ll find:
- A history of search engines.
- The paper written by Sergey Brin and Larry Page, founders of Google, when they were studying Computer Science at Stanford University. This paper served as the launching point for the Google search engine.
- Search engine tutorials and tips that explain how to do advanced, targeted searches.
- Nielsen//NetRatings rankings of the top 10 search engines.
- Walkthroughs of Search Engine Watch and Pandia—online resources for search engine news, tutorials, and information.
- Search sample chapters and books.
- Articles, books and wikis discussing findability—the ability of a Web site to be located online.
- Walkthroughs of several major search engines including Google, MSN, Yahoo!, Ask.com, AlltheWeb, AltaVista and HotBot.
- Explanations of the Google PageRank algorithm which is used to determine the rank of a web site in Google search results.
- Comparison shopping search engines including Froogle, BizRate, DealTime and MySimon.
- A walkthrough of del.icio.us—the social bookmarks site that allows you to bookmark (tag) sites you like and share bookmarks with other users.
- Walkthroughs of Rollyo and Gigablast which allow you to create your own vertical search engine.
- B2B search engines including VerticalSearch.
- Job search engines including Indeed, SimplyHired and Jobster.
- Travel search engines including SideStep and Kayak.
- A walkthrough of the A9 OpenSearch aggregator from Amazon.
- RSS feed and blog search engines including Technorati, Feedster, IceRocket and Google Blog Search.
- Walkthroughs of the Zillow and Trulia real estate search engines.
- Technology and source code search engines including Krugle, Koders and igrep.
- The FoodieView recipe search engine.
- Video, image and podcasting search engines including Blinkx TV, Ditto, Singing Fish and more.
- People search engines including Zaba, ZoomInfo and Pretreive.
- A video demo of the Auction Mapper eBay auction search engine.
- Search and vertical search news, blog entries, resources, wikis, conferences and more.
|Related Resource Centers|