Welcome to the Blogging Resource Center. A blog (or web log) is a website where you can write about any subject such as news, business, politics, your personal life, etc. Blogs have given millions of people the opportunity to share their voice with the world over the Internet. Blogs are also a major component of the social networking phenomenon and Web 2.0. Many blogs link to other related blogs and websites, and bloggers often allow readers to post comments on a blog entry so the readers can become "part of the conversation." Start your search here for blogging resources, including software, articles, tutorials, FAQs, monetization resources, lists of the top blogs and more. In the Blogging Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- The report, “The State of Blogging,” by Lee Rainie, director of the Pew Internet & American Life Project (that measures the social impact of the Internet).
- The article, “How to Create Your own Blog,” by Andy Carvin.
- The article, “Introduction to Blogging,” from Zoundry™.
- A video of Tom Merritt from CNET in which he provides pointers about blogging, including signing up with a blogging site or social networking site, allowing links, templates, and site registration.
- “A Timeline of the History of Blogging,” by Clive Thompson for New York Magazine.
- The thesis, “A Global Conversation: A Master’s Thesis on the Social Phenomenon of Blogs,” by James Torio.
- The article, “Blogging for Business: 7 Tips for Getting Started,” by Jeff Wuorio.
- The article, “Time’s Person of the Year: You,” from Time Magazine.
- The eBook, Who’s There? Seth Godin’s Incomplete Guide to Blogs and the New Web, by Seth Godin.
- The sample chapter, “What is a Blog?” from What No One Ever Tells You About Blogging and Podcasting: Real-Life Advice from 101 People Who Successfully Leverage the Power of the Blogosphere, by Ted Demopoulos.
- The sample chapter, “Why Blog?” from Clear Blogging: How People Blogging Are Changing the World and How You Can Join Them, by Bob Walsh.
- Blogging networks including Postreach and Corante.
- The case study, “Blogging Viral Network Effects,” by Eric Kintz.
- Tips for monetizing blogs from Problogger.
- The blog, “My Top Seven Blog Monetization Methods,” by Yaro Starak.
- Online advertising companies that can help you monetize your blogs and websites including Google AdSense, AdBrite, Value Click Media and Burst Network.
- Blogging search engines including Technorati, Google Blog Search, Blogger and Icerocket.
- Blogging software including Movable Type, TypePad, Blogger, Wordpress and Blog Writer.
- The article, “Getting Started with Blogging Software,” from Idealware.
- The article, “Top 25 Most Popular Blogs June 2007,” from eBizMBA.
- The tutorial, “RSS Feeds and Blogging Tutorial—What is a Blog,” from Website 101.
- The article, “What Is Vlogging (and How to Get Started),” by Joshua Paul.
- The Vidblogs free vlog (video blog) sharing site.
- Blogging tutorials, books, eBooks, FAQs and sample chapters.
- And more …