In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! Software as a Service (SaaS) Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
Welcome to the Software as a Service Resource Center
. Software as a service (SaaS) is a rapidly growing model for software application delivery over the Internet. By providing software as a service versus as an application that is installed on a user's system, software providers can easily maintain and upgrade software, fix bugs, and greatly decrease the time it takes to get new products and functionality to market. This Resource Center explores some of the SaaS products currently available, the benefits and drawbacks of SaaS, how SaaS works and more. In the Software as a Service Resource Center
you'll find links to:
- The white paper, "Software as a Service: The Next-Generation Software Application Delivery Model for ISVs," from NaviSite.
- Microsoft's Developers Network Software as a Service (SaaS) page.
- The white paper, "Why Software as a Service?" by Mitch Cipriano, VP, Marketing, OpSource.
- A video overview of Salesforce.com's on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) services.
- The Google Apps Premier hosted software service that includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Talk and more.
- Resources for Microsoft Windows Live and Office Live SaaS products.
- IBM's Software as a Service FAQs and Microsoft's SaaS On-Ramp Program FAQs.
- The article, "Software as a Service (SaaS): An Enterprise Perspective," by Gianpaolo Carraro and Fred Chong.
- The article, "On-Demand Business Intelligence and Software as a Service: Revolutionizing Small to Medium-Sized Businesses," by George O'Conor.
- The article, "The Benefits of the Software-as-a-Service Model," by Curt Finch.
- The article, "The Pros and Cons of Hosted Software," by Mini Peiris.
- A series of podcasts from leaders in SaaS technology presented at the SaaScon conference.
- SaaS conferences including SaaSCon and the DCE Hosted Software Summit Program.
- The white paper, "A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Up SaaS Operations," by John Rowell, Senior VP, OpSource.
- The video, "Software as a Service," with Stan Gibson of eWeek, that discusses what SaaS is and how it works, SaaS benefits and more.
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.
Deitel Honors Internship Program
Summer Internship and Co-Op Opportunities in the Boston Area
Learn the latest technologies while gaining hands-on development experience! Deitel & Associates, Inc. is the world's top programming-language textbook authoring organization, and we are launching many new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Work with leading-edge technologies including:
||JavaServer Faces (JSF)
|Ruby on Rails
||Visual Basic 2005
||Visual C# 2005
||Web App Development
Interns will work on our upcoming Prentice-Hall textbooks and professional books and/or our new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Please email your cover letter and resume to
Abbey Deitel, President
Phone: (978) 823-0130
For more information about Deitel & Associates, Inc., visit www.deitel.com
Deitel & Associates, Inc. is located in the Boston suburb of Maynard, Massachusetts. Interns must have a car as we are not easily accessible via public transportation.
Information for Instructors Teaching from Our Books
We offer many publications across several programming book series, including the How to Program Series, Simply Series, Deitel Developer Series and Operating Systems.
Our Prentice Hall textbooks and professional books cover a broad range of programming languages and computer science topics. Contact us if you have questions about any of our publications or ancillaries.
Additional Information for Instructors
Downloads for all books
Locate your Prentice Hall representative to request examination copies.
Instructor ancillaries (available only to instructors who adopt our books for their classes).
Corporate Training Courses Delivered at Organizations Worldwide
Corporations, government organizations and the military hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered at customer sites worldwide. Contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.
View our Courses | Training Clients | Contact Us
We offer a wide range of courses. Many of the links below provide you with a full course outline. Each course can be customized to your needs. For more information, please click the course link. That will open an e-mail—please tell us the following:
- Contact information (your name, company name, email and/or phone number)
- Number of students
- Your location
- When you need the training
- Background of the students
Recent Deitel Publications
- If you have questions or suggestions regarding
our products, publications, corporate training or the Deitel Buzz Online,
please e-mail us
at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond promptly.
- For Cyber Classroom and Complete Training Course Technical Support,
please contact Pearson Technical Support at: email@example.com, phone: 800-677-6337, Hours: 8AM
to 5PM CST, Monday through Friday.
© 1992-2007 by Deitel & Associates,
Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Deitel & Associates, Inc.,
5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 450,
Maynard, MA 01754, (P) 978-823-0130