In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! C++ Boost Libraries Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
Welcome to the C++ Boost Libraries Resource Center
. The C++ Boost Libraries are a set of open source, peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. The libraries work well with the existing C++ Standard Library. Some have been included in the C++ Standards Committee’s Library Technical Report (TR1) as possible additions to the C++ Standard. This Resource Center explores the C++ Boost Libraries information available online, including downloads, articles, tutorials, wikis, FAQs, books, sample chapters, projects and more. In the C++ Boost Libraries Resource Center
you'll find links to:
- Boost.org, where you can download the libraries, read the Boost documentation and get support.
- Boost.org's "Getting Started Guide."
- The white paper, “Making a Boost Library,” by Robert Ramey.
- A list of products that were developed using Boost C++ Libraries, including Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Software Libraries, Rhapsody, McAfee Managed VirusScan 3, FEAR and more.
- The article, "Boost for Visual C++ Developers," by Beman Dawes (founder of Boost.org).
- The article, "C++: Beyond the Standard Library," by Ray Lischner.
- SourceForge.net's C++ Boost projects page.
- The sample chapter, "A BGL Tutorial," from The Boost Graph Library User Guide and Reference Manual," by Jeremy G. Siek, Lie-Quan Lee, and Andrew Lumsdaine.
- The Boost user wiki that discusses current projects, installation, common build problems, regression test logs and more.
- The "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game that uses the Boost tokenizer library.
- The BoostCon 2007 conference in Aspen, Colorado.
- Object Computing’s training course, "Modern C++ Programming using Boost."
- The webinar, "Using C++ Libraries, DLLs, ANSI C++, Boost, and the C++ TR1 Library," presented by David Intersimone, Sanjay Banerjee, Lee Cantey, Owen Urkov and David Dean.
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.
Deitel Honors Internship Program
Summer Internship and Co-Op Opportunities in the Boston Area
Learn the latest technologies while gaining hands-on development experience! Deitel & Associates, Inc. is the world's top programming-language textbook authoring organization, and we are launching many new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Work with leading-edge technologies including:
||JavaServer Faces (JSF)
|Ruby on Rails
||Visual Basic 2005
||Visual C# 2005
||Web App Development
Interns will work on our upcoming Prentice-Hall textbooks and professional books and/or our new Web 2.0 Internet business ventures.
Please email your cover letter and resume to
Abbey Deitel, President
Phone: (978) 823-0130
For more information about Deitel & Associates, Inc., visit www.deitel.com
Deitel & Associates, Inc. is located in the Boston suburb of Maynard, Massachusetts. Interns must have a car as we are not easily accessible via public transportation.
Information for Instructors Teaching from Our Books
We offer many publications across several programming book series, including the How to Program Series, Simply Series, Deitel Developer Series and Operating Systems.
Our Prentice Hall textbooks and professional books cover a broad range of programming languages and computer science topics. Contact us if you have questions about any of our publications or ancillaries.
Additional Information for Instructors
Downloads for all books
Locate your Prentice Hall representative to request examination copies.
Instructor ancillaries (available only to instructors who adopt our books for their classes).
- If you have questions or suggestions regarding
our products, publications, corporate training or the Deitel Buzz Online,
please e-mail us
at email@example.com. We will respond promptly.
- For Cyber Classroom and Complete Training Course Technical Support,
please contact Pearson Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 800-677-6337, Hours: 8AM
to 5PM CST, Monday through Friday.
© 1992-2007 by Deitel & Associates,
Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Deitel & Associates, Inc.,
5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 450,
Maynard, MA 01754, (P) 978-823-0130