In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! Check Out the New Deitel.com Website Launching Today!
This is our next key step in our Web 2.0 / Internet Business Initiative. The new site features improved site navigation, a new design and more to make it easier for you to find the books, training and Resource Centers that you need. Over the next several months, we’ll be adding features to enable social networking, community-generated content and more. We’re eager to get your feedback!
New! Website Monetization Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
Welcome to the Website Monetization Resource Center. This is the fourth Resource Center in our series on monetization, which includes Affiliate Programs, Google AdSense and Internet Advertising. This Resource Center features many new and useful resources for monetizing your websites, blogs, RSS feeds, podcasts, videos and widgets.
The Deitel Internet Business Initiative is focused on the future of electronic publishing and building Web 2.0 businesses. We create these Resource Centers to support our own business development activities, and in the spirit of Web 2.0, we’re sharing the Resource Centers with the community.
Start your search here for web site monetization resources, including articles, advertising programs, tips, books, sample chapters, tools, FAQs and more. In the Website Monetization Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- The blog, "Website Monetization—How to Make Money with a Website," by Web San Diego.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising programs, including Google AdSense, Yahoo! Publisher Network, BidVertiser, LookSmart Ad Syndication for Publishers, Kanoodle BrightAds, Q-Ads and Text Link Ads.
- ThankYouPagesa service that allows you to earn revenues through website registrations.
- A series of podcasts from Mefeedia that discuss monetizing podcasts and videos.
- The article, "Google AdSense Tips, Tricks, and Secrets," by Michael Gray.
- The book, The AdSense Code, by Joel Comm.
- The article, "RSS Feeds Monetization Tools: A Mini Guide, by Robin Good.
- The blog, "Monetizing Your RSS Feed," by Scott Gatz, the RSS Guru at Yahoo!
- Pheedo's FeedPowered™ advertising platform for RSS feeds.
- The articles, "Monetizing Blogs," by Jason Dowdell, and "How to Make Money From Your Blog: 5 Tips," by Jeff Wuorio.
- The article, "Other Advertising Networks Besides Google AdSense," by John Chow.
- The Build A Niche Store (BANS) for-sale tool that enables site owners to earn money from eBay's affiliate program either by getting people to join the program or by selling products from the eBay site.
- The article, "Podcasting Monetization Strategies #1: Marketers," by Rok Hrastnik.
- The article, "7 Podcast Monetization Strategies," by Paul Colligan.
- The FeedBurner Ad Network that enables podcasters and bloggers to monetize their feeds.
- dMarc—a new Google service that connects advertisers and advertising companies with radio broadcasts.
- Revver.com, where users can share their videos and monetize with advertising.
- InVideo—a free, customizable video player from AdBrite that allows users to embed advertising and their logo into videos.
- Conferences including Adtech and the Search Engine Strategies Conference & Expo.
- The book: Multiple Streams of Internet Income: How Ordinary People Make Extraordinary Money Online, 2nd Edition, by Robert G. Allen.
- The book, The E-Code: 33 Internet Superstars Reveal 43 Ways to Make Money Online Almost Instantly—Using Only Email, by Joe Vitale and Jo Han Mok.
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Do You Like Our Resource Centers?
tell the world about them. Bookmark them at your favorite social
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
New! Now Using
Scalable Fonts in
the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
If our font is too small for you to read,
this newsletter in a Web browser
and simply increase the font size. Here are instructions for several popular browsers:
- Firefox/Netscape: From the View menu, select Text Size, then select Increase, Decrease or Normal.
- Opera: From the View menu, select Zoom, then select a percentage.
- Safari: From the View menu, select Make Text Bigger or Make Text
- Internet Explorer 7: From the Page menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest).
- Internet Explorer (6 and before): From the View menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller,
Coming Soon! C++ How to Program, 6/e
(for Fall classes)
This latest edition of our best-selling C++ textbook will include new chapters on Game Programming with the Ogre Libraries, an overview of the Boost Libraries and a peek at the emerging new C++ standard, C++0x.
Coming Soon! Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e (for Fall classes)
This new edition will focus on Web 2.0, including treatments of Ajax, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET 2.0, JavaServer Faces, Flex, Flash and more.
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.