In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! Check Out the New Deitel.com Website!
This is our next key step in our Web 2.0 / Internet Business Initiative. The new site features improved site navigation, a new design and more to make it easier for you to find the books, training and Resource Centers that you need. Over the next several months, we’ll be adding features to enable social networking, community-generated content and more. We’re eager to get your feedback!
New! Sitemaps Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
Welcome to the Sitemap Resource Center. A site map (two words) is a web page with links to all of the pages on the website. It is organized in a hierarchical fashion and can be used by visitors to easily find pages on a website. A Sitemap (one word) is an XML or TEXT file that is submitted to search engines to help notify them of the pages on your site. There is currently an effort underway by Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to standardize sitemaps. Start your search here for sitemap (and site map) resources, including articles, tips, sitemap-generation tools, FAQs and more. Also check out our XML Resource Center. In the Sitemaps Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- The blog entry, "A Simple Guide to Sitemaps. Or Is That Site Maps?" by Brent Nau, that defines and explains the difference between the two terms, site map and Sitemap.
- Sitemaps.org—a site sponsored by Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft, to promote a common Sitemap standard.
- The article, "Google, Yahoo and Microsoft Agree to Standard Sitemaps Protocol" by Marshall Kirkpatrick.
- Sitemap tools including google-sitemap_gen, Simple Map, XML-Sitemaps, Site Map Pro, Sitemaps Pal, phpSitemapNG, XML-Echo Google Sitemap Generator, MyPagerank.net Google Sitemap Generator, MakeASitemap, GSiteCrawler, the Google Sitemap Generator from AuditMyPC.com, VIGOS Gsitemap, the Google Sitemaps Toolbox (GSToolbox), Sitemaps Direct, the XML-Sitemaps.com XML Sitemap Validator, the search engine optimization tool for Yahoo Sitemap feed generation and notification, and more.
- Google’s Webmaster Help Center page.
- The article, "Sitemaps–What are they? Why use them?"
- The article: "Sitemaps Improve Site Value," by Lisa Barone, a SEO copywriter at Bruce Clay, Inc. and search engine marketing columnist at SearchEngineGuide.com.
- The article, "Sitemaps–Uncover the Only Quick and Easy Site Submission Strategy," by Joe Borges.
- The article, "How to Get Found More Easily on Search Engines Using Sitemaps."
- The tutorial, "Introduction to XML: Creating a Google Sitemap," by Brian Getting.
- The tutorial, "Create a Google Sitemap for your Web Site," by Herman Drost.
- The Google Webmaster Tools instructions for using the Sitemap Generator.
- The article, "Google Sitemaps Protocol," that discusses the XML schema used in the Google Sitemap Protocol.
- The article, "Google Sitemaps Explained," by Titus Hoskins.
- The article, "Search Engine Optimization with Google Sitemaps," by Matthew Coers.
- The article, "Sitemaps 101—Back to SEO School," by Niall Roche.
- The article: "How Sitemaps Can Improve Your Search Engine Rankings," by Ross Dunn.
- The podcast, “Using Site Maps for Better Search Engine Results,” from Yaro Starak.
- Sitemap FAQs, forums and discussion groups.
- A video tutorial that demonstrates the creation of an XML sitemap using both the Google Sitemap Generator from AuditMyPC.com, and the Google (and Yahoo!) Sitemap Generator from GSiteCrawler.com.
- Several video tutorials that show you how to create a Google Sitemap and an XML Sitemap.
- And more…
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Do You Like Our Resource Centers?
tell the world about them. Bookmark them at your favorite social
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
New! Now Using
Scalable Fonts in
the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
If our font is too small for you to read,
this newsletter in a Web browser
and simply increase the font size. Here are instructions for several popular browsers:
- Firefox/Netscape: From the View menu, select Text Size, then select Increase, Decrease or Normal.
- Opera: From the View menu, select Zoom, then select a percentage.
- Safari: From the View menu, select Make Text Bigger or Make Text
- Internet Explorer 7: From the Page menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest).
- Internet Explorer (6 and before): From the View menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller,
Coming Soon! C++ How to Program, 6/e
(for Fall classes)
This latest edition of our best-selling C++ textbook will include new chapters on Game Programming with the Ogre Libraries, an overview of the Boost Libraries and a peek at the emerging new C++ standard, C++0x.
Coming Soon! Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e (for Fall classes)
This new edition will focus on Web 2.0, including treatments of Ajax, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET 2.0, JavaServer Faces, Flex, Flash and more.
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.