In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
New! Check Out the New Deitel.com Website!
This is our next key step in our Web 2.0 / Internet Business Initiative. The new site features improved site navigation, a new design and more to make it easier for you to find the books, training and Resource Centers that you need. Over the next several months, we’ll be adding features to enable social networking, community-generated content and more. We’re eager to get your feedback!
New! Web Analytics Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center,
- The tutorial, "Count On Me: An Introduction to Web Analytics," by Sean McManus.
- The article, "Features to Look For in Website Analysis Tools," by Justin Whitney.
- The article, "How Website Analysis Works," by Justin Whitney.
- The whitepaper: "Introduction to The Guide to Web Analytics: How to Understand and Use Your Web Trends to Maximize Results," by Bryan Eisenberg, Jim Novo and John E. Shreeve.
- Web Analytics tools from WebSideStory, WebTrends, Google Analytics, Popuri, AWStats, Webalizer and more.
- "Focus on Results: The Essential Guide to Web Analytics," from WebTrends.
- The case study: "Monitoring Visitor Conversion," by Jim Novo.
- The case study: "The Four Parts of Web Optimization," by Neil Mason.
- The Google Analytics official blog.
- Hitwise, which monitors web traffic on ISPs (Internet Service Providers) rather than individual websites.
- The AWBot free client tool that emulates visitor browsing on a web site to test a site's stability after development changes.
- Optimost web page testing that helps companies maximize their ROI with an on-demand multivariable testing platform.
- The podcast, "Web Analytics and Click Fraud," with Dennis Mortensen and Eric Enge.
- The podcast, "Advanced Web Analytics," with John Marshall, CEO of ClickTracks.
- The sample chapter, "The Case for Search Analytics," from Search Analytics: A Guide to Analyzing and Optimizing Website Search Engines, by Hurol Inan.
- The sample chapter, "Overview of Web Analytics," from Web Analytics Demystified: A Marketer's Guide to Understanding How Your Web Site Affects Your Business, by Eric Peterson.
- The free ebook, Web Analytics—It's Surprisingly Simple, from WebSideStory.
- The Web Analytics Association.
- The Web Analytics Demystified blog by Eric T. Peterson, VP of Visual Sciences (a division of WebSideStory).
- The Inside Web Analytics blog, by Matt Belkin of Omniture.
- Web Analytics Downloads from Download.com including Deep Log Analyzer 3.2, ClickTracks Appetizer, Geo Log Analyzer, FlashStats 2006, TrackSite Free, SmarterStats, and WhosOn.
- Conferences including the Emetrics Summit, and the ClickZ Specifics: Web Metrics conference.
- Web Analytics jobs, FAQs, forums, video tutorials, books, e-books and sample chapters.
- And more…
- Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Do You Find Our Resource Centers Helpful?
tell the world about thembookmark them at your favorite social
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
New! Now Using
Scalable Fonts in
the Deitel Buzz Online Newsletter
If our font is too small for you to read,
this newsletter in a Web browser
and simply increase the font size. Here are instructions for several popular browsers:
- Firefox/Netscape: From the View menu, select Text Size, then select Increase, Decrease or Normal.
- Opera: From the View menu, select Zoom, then select a percentage.
- Safari: From the View menu, select Make Text Bigger or Make Text
- Internet Explorer 7: From the Page menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, Smallest).
- Internet Explorer (6 and before): From the View menu, select Text Size, then specify the relative size of the font (Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller,
Coming Soon! C++ How to Program, 6/e
(for Fall classes)
This latest edition of our best-selling C++ textbook will include new chapters on Game Programming with the Ogre Libraries, an overview of the Boost Libraries and a peek at the emerging new C++ standard, C++0x.
Coming Soon! Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e (for Fall classes)
This new edition will focus on Web 2.0, including treatments of Ajax, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET 2.0, JavaServer Faces, Flex, Flash and more.
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.