In this Issue...
Recent Resource Centers
Corporate Training Seminars
Off to the Presses!
Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e
Check out the Table of Contents. If you have questions about this book or if you are a professor interested in using the new edition in your fall courses, contact us.
Pre-order now at Amazon.com or Informit.com.
Coming Soon! The Free Dive Into® Web 2.0 e-Book
Dive Into® Web 2.0 introduces the principles, applications, technologies, companies, business models and monetization strategies of Web 2.0. The e-book provides you with basic Web 2.0 literacy and points you to resources where you'll find additional information. Dive Into Web 2.0, along with the many free Resource Centers on our website, evolved from research we’ve done to build our own Web 2.0 businesses. In the spirit of Web 2.0, we are sharing this research with the community.
Dive Into Web 2.0 is a chapter from our book, Internet and World Wide Web How to Program, 4/e. By offering this chapter as an e-book, we’re able to keep it up-to-date with the rapidly changing landscape of Web 2.0. Check the site regularly for the latest version. In addition, we have enhanced the e-book version of the chapter with hyperlinks to create a more robust learning experience. In this e-Book you'll learn:
- The defining characteristics of Web 2.0.
- Why search is fundamental to Web 2.0.
- How Web 2.0 empowers the individual.
- The importance of collective intelligence and network effects.
- The significance and growth of blogging.
- Social networking, social media and social bookmarking.
- How tagging leads to folksonomies.
- How web services enable new applications to be quickly and easily “mashed up” from existing applications.
- Web 2.0 technologies.
- Web 2.0 Internet business and monetization models.
- The significance of the emerging Semantic Web (the “web of meaning”).
Is Dive Into Web 2.0 right for you? Dive Into Web 2.0 is designed for anyone—entrepreneurs, programmers, non-programmers, managers, marketers, students, teachers, etc.—who want to know what Web 2.0 is, who the leaders of the Web 2.0 community are and where to find additional Web 2.0 information. Maybe you just want to learn the Web 2.0 lingo. Or perhaps you want to know a bit more about the technologies behind Web 2.0. Dive Into Web 2.0 is a great starting pointing for Web 2.0 literacy and will point you where you need to go to find more information.
Dive Into Web 2.0 is available in three formats:
- Free, HTML-based e-book.
- Buy the fully-formatted PDF for a small fee. The PDF can be downloaded to your computer for easy reading and printing.
- Buy the paperback version of the book if you prefer to read it offline.
New! Ringtones Resource Center
To sponsor a
Deitel Resource Center, contact
Welcome to the Ringtones Resource Center, where you'll find lots of information about downloading ringtones and creating your own custom ringtones, articles, development tools, copyright and trademark information, resources, tutorials, affiliate programs offered by ringtone sellers and more. In the Ringtones Resource Center you’ll find links to:
- Billboard’s Top 100 Chart for ringtones.
- Companies that sell ringtones and other cell phone applications.
- Important information about copyrights as they apply to the music industry and ringtones.
- The article, “Create iPhone Ringtones from iTunes Previews,” by Eric Sadun.
- The article, "How Ringtones Work," by Tom Harris, that discusses frequencies, the Ring Tone Text Transfer Language (RTTTL) format, getting a tone, copyrights, loading methods, melody composers, polyphonic ringtone capabilities and more.
- Send To Phone from Excode Software—a free program that allows you to send polyphonic ringtones, images and files between your computer and mobile phone without the need for any additional cables.
- Ringtone affiliate programs offered by the Ring Tone Channel, Ringophone, RingingPhone, and RingTone JukeBox.
- The article, “Ring Tones: Where Culture Meets Cash Cow,” which discusses the growth in the ringtone industry.
- Articles that explain how to create your own custom ringtones.
- Several for-sale software products that allow you to create your own custom ringtones.
- The tutorial, "The World of Mobile Ring Tones: Understanding RTTTL," by Bob Reselman, that discusses how to make ringtones using the Ring Tones Text Transfer Language (RTTTL), how to use the Java Wireless Toolkit (WTK), creating a melody in RTTTL, creating dotted rhythms and making a custom ringtone.
- And more…
Check out the following related Deitel Resource Centers:
Do You Find Our Resource Centers Helpful?
tell the world about themPlease bookmark them at your favorite social
bookmarking site. Thanks!
Let us know what other Resource Centers you'd like to see!
Now Available! C++ How to Program, 6/e
This latest edition of our best-selling C++ textbook includes new chapters on Game Programming with the Ogre Libraries, an overview of the Boost Libraries and a peek at the emerging new C++ standard, C++0x.
Check out the Table of Contents. Order it now from
Looking for Training for Your Company?
Check Out Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training
Corporations and government organizations hire Deitel & Associates, Inc. for expert training delivered to groups at customer sites worldwide. Our courses include C#, Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, Internet & Web technologies, OOAD, XML, Database, Ruby, UNIX, Perl, Python, Visual C++ and many more! View our complete list of course offerings or contact us to inquire about Deitel Dive Into® Series Corporate Training.