Welcome to the Refactoring Resource Center. Refactoring allows you to modify the code of a computer program (for readability, etc.) without altering its behavior. Start your search here for refactoring tutorials, articles, sample chapters, books, blogs, videos, tools, forums and more. In the Refactoring Resource Center, you'll find links to:
- The article, "Refactoring: Small Steps Guaranteed to Help You Clean Up Your Code," by C. Keith Ray.
- The Refactoring home page, which includes a definition of refactoring, resource links to books and podcasts, a refactoring tools workshop, and a research site on refactoring.
- "CodeRush & Refactor! Pro Training" videos from Devexpress.
- The sample chapter, “Refactoring: What’s all the Fuss About?” from Refactoring in Visual Basic, by Danijel Arsenovski.
- The article, “A Refactoring Example,” by Michael Schwern.
- The article, "Introduction to Refactoring," by Jim Cooper.
- The podcasts, “Refactoring: Part 1 and Part 2,” a talk with Martin Lippert.
- The webcast: "Refactoring For Your Code Base," from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/.NET Refactoring Framework documentation.
- The blog, "Refactoring Checklist," by Michael Nielsen.
- The white paper, "Refactoring, Reuse and Reality," by Bill Opdyke.
- The article, "Michael Stal on Architecture Refactoring," by Niclas Nilsson.
- The sample chapter, "Refactoring," from Dive Into Python, by Mark Pilgrim.
- The SOA Refactoring site that discusses issues and trends in the refactoring of legacy code/systems to SOA architecture.
- The sample chapter: "Introduction to Refactoring to Patterns," from Refactoring to Patterns, by Joshua Kerievsky.
- The article, “Agile Database Refactoring with Hibernate,” by Gilad Buzi, Kelley Glenn, and Jonathan Novich.
- Refactoring blogs, books, forums, sample chapters, videos, tools and tutorials.
- And more...